Thursday 1 January 2015

This Moment S1501 : CTMH Stamp of the Month Australasian Blog Hop

 Hello and welcome to my first blog for 2015! It's also the first Stamp of the Month Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop for 2015!
If you have arrived here from Patricia Manhire's Creative Corner then your in the right place. If you landed here by happy accident then come and join us on a hopping adventure - just follow the links at the bottom of each blog until you get back to where you started!



So, if you know me, you'll know that I'm not that 'girly girl' - hearts aren't my thing and valentines day isn't something I go crazy over... so this stamp set was a challenge... until as per my usual odd way of looking at things I found myself madly cutting circles and watching as various creatures popped out at me.

Say Hello to Teddy and Frog:


Watch my short time lapse video of them being created:


Ingredients:
Cricut machine (all shapes are from CTMH cartridges but most are just circles)
Pear Cardstock
Canary Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Desert Sand Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Cocoa Ink
Black Ink
Ruby Ink
Stuck on you Puffies
Junebug Puffies
January Stamp of the Month (available exclusively throughout January for $27 or for just $5 when you spend $75)

Tips:
I cut the tips off the leaf shaped puffies to make the eyes for Teddy.
To make Frog's tongue I used the back side of the heart stamp so as not to stamp the sentiment.
Teddy's eyes were stamped with the O from the HELLO.

A few of Teddy's and Frog's friends are on the brink of joining the party... namely Monkey, Fish and Caterpillar but they were running a bit late so you'll have to do those ones on your own!

January's Stamp of the month: This Moment is only available until the 31st of January from your CTMH consultant. Please leave a message for Frog, Teddy and I before you leap into Wendy's blog -  Expressions of the Heart.

Thanks for hopping by!

25 comments:

  1. How Cute - love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your mind works, very cute animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris, my mind works in mysterious ways...

      Delete
  3. so cute - wish I had little ones around just so I could make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, my husband likes the frog so much he is taking it to work - so they obviously appeal to adults too :)

      Delete
  4. what fun. I can see kids having a heap of fun creating their own creatures using this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. The video timelapse is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vandra, experimenting with the time lapse - hoping to do some better ones in the future.

      Delete
  6. Lol, love them, your so clever and so casing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey, case away - I'm all for sharing :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness these are clever- my son loves the frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) my son and hubby love the frog too - he's really very quick to make. I have the CCR file if you would like it.

      Delete
  8. fantastic job driving a barbie like a truck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, you see these stamps in such a fun and unique way! Thank you for sharing these super-cute ideas with us! You always help me to think outside the square (or stamp set!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. I'm glad I help you think outside the box... I honestly find it hard to think inside the box with most things - I rely heavily on the rest of you to show me how it's supposed to work!

      Delete
  10. These are awesome. I would never think to make animals with the targets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen :) glad you like them.

      Delete
  12. I would love the CCR for the frog if you wouldn't mind. So cute!

    ReplyDelete